Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of the Jeep Grand Cherokee brand
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Line six-cylinder engine
+ V8 engine
+ Procedures of the general and capital repairs of the engine
- Cooling systems, heating and air conditioning
Antifreeze - the general information
Check of functioning and replacement of the thermostat
Check of serviceability and replacement of the fan of the cooling system and coupling of its coupling
Check of functioning and replacement of the block of the sensor of temperature of a cooler
Removal and installation of a radiator and broad tank of the cooling system
Check of functioning of the water pump
Removal and installation of the water pump
Check of serviceability of an electric contour and replacement of components of the motor of the fan of a heater and conditioner of air
Removal and installation of the block of the fan of a heater
Removal and installation of assembly of management of a heater and conditioner of air
Removal and installation of the heat exchanger of a heater
Check of serviceability and service of systems of heating and air conditioning
Diagnostics of system of automatic control of temperature (automatic telephone exchange) without its removal from the car
Removal and installation of the accumulator (store) of the air conditioning system
Removal and installation of the compressor of the air conditioning system
Removal and installation of the condenser of the air conditioning system
Removal and installation of a tube of the calibrated jet
Removal and installation of the evaporator of air conditioning system
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
Removal and installation of the water pump
Before starting implementation of the procedure wait for full cooling of the engine.
- Clean carvings of bolts and bolted openings in the engine block, having removed from them traces of corrosion and old sealant.
- Compare the new pump to old, having made sure of identity of their designs. On models with 6-cylinder engines remove the union of a heating hose from an old naos and transfer it to new, having greased a carving part with sealant. If the old pump is installed on the engine, check back side of shovels of a rotor for existence of traces of corrosion. If any of shovels it is lost or strongly corroded corrosion, replace the pump.
On the 4.0 l 6-cylinder engines from 1993 to 1995 the issue. The water pump of reversive type is installed (with the return rotation). The rotor of such pumps is usually marked with a letter of "R". Check the new pump for existence of marking in order to avoid installation on the engine of the pump not of that type that will inevitably lead to an engine overheat.
The replaceable water pump of the 6-cylinder engine has to be reversive type - make sure available tags in the form of a letter of "R" on a pump rotor.
- Scratch out all traces of material of old laying from the surface of the engine interfaced to the pump.
- Wipe the interfaced surfaces of the engine and the new water pump with the pure rags moistened in acetone.
- Grease the surface of new laying turned to the engine with a thin layer of RTV sealant.
- Grease the surface of the new pump interfaced to laying with a thin layer of RTV sealant, then carefully apply laying to the pump. Pass couple of bolts through fixing openings of the pump and accurately put on them laying.
- When replacing the water pump track correctness of installation of various length of bolts.
- Carefully apply the pump with laying to the engine and screw bolts in openings, having tightened from by hand.
- Establish the remained bolts (if they are also used for fastening of arms of any accessories, do not forget to establish these arms at this stage). Gradually (on 1/4 turns for one approach) tighten bolts with the required effort.
- Establish all knots and details which were removed for ensuring access to the pump on the places. Track correctness of laying of a tape driving belt when clothing it on pulleys (The head Nastroyki and routine maintenance) in order to avoid an engine overheat as a result of rotation of the pump in the opposite direction.
- Fill the cooling system and check correctness of a tension of a driving belt (The head Nastroyki and routine maintenance). Start the engine and make sure of lack of leaks.