Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of the Jeep Grand Cherokee brand
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Line six-cylinder engine
+ V8 engine
- Procedures of the general and capital repairs of the engine
Capital repairs of the engine - the general information
Check of compression pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and installation of the engine
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of conrod and piston assemblies
Removal of a bent shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of conrod and piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Check of a condition of radical and conrod bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its capital repairs
Installation of a bent shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of conrod and piston assemblies and check of gaps in conrod bearings
The first start of the engine after capital repairs
+ Cooling systems, heating and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Before starting assembly of the engine it is necessary to make a honingovaniye of cylinders which is required for ensuring the correct landing of new piston rings and a guarantee of due sealing of combustion chambers in the course of operation of the engine.
In case of lack of the necessary tool or desire of independent performance of work, it is possible to address in any workshop of car service where the honingovaniye of cylinders will be executed for quite reasonable payment.
- Before starting a honingovaniye of cylinders establish covers of radical bearings on the places and tighten bolts of their fastening with the required effort.
- Hona of two types - flexible хон, externally similar to the brush for washing of bottles and, more traditional хон for processing of mirrors of cylinders, equipped with the sprung grinding stones are issued. Both types equally well are suitable for implementation of the forthcoming procedure, however the first is easier to use and at independent performance of a honingovaniye the amateur mechanic is recommended to use of Krom of a hon also enough kerosene or honingovochny oil, rags and the electric drill is required. Implementation of the procedure is made in the following order:
- Clamp хон in a drill cartridge, squeeze stones and enter хон into the first cylinder. Do not forget to put on goggles or a front guard!
||In the absence of experience of independent performance of a honingovaniye of due result it is simpler to achieve when using a flexible hon of type "the bottle brush".
- Plentifully oil the cylinder honingovochny, include a drill and begin the movement by the khan up-down in the cylinder with such step that the pattern left on a cylinder mirror had an appearance of a uniform grid. Ideally lines of a grid have to be crossed at an angle in 60 °. Do not feel sorry for lubricant and do not remove more material, than it is really necessary for achievement of desirable polishing of a mirror.
Manufacturers of piston rings can demand providing a smaller angle of crossing of strips of the pattern left by the khan on walls of cylinders - adhere in this question of the instructions offered complete with a set of rings.
Hon has to leave an equal mesh pattern which lines are crossed at an angle approximately in 60 ° on cylinder walls.
- Do not take хон from the cylinder to a full stop of the boss of a drill. Instead continue the movement of a hon in the cylinder up - down to its full stop, then squeeze stones and take хон. In case of use of the flexible khan stop a drill, then, manually rotating a cartridge in the normal direction, take хон from the cylinder.
- Wipe a mirror of the cylinder and repeat the procedure for the remained cylinders.
- After end of a honingovaniye remove by means of a file a facet on the upper edge of each of cylinders that is necessary for prevention of hooks of rings for a sharp edge at introduction of pistons to cylinders. Observe extreme care - try not to damage the end of a file of a mirror of cylinders.
- The engine block has to be washed carefully out by warm water with soap for removal of traces of the abrasive which remained after carrying out a honingovaniye of cylinders again.
Walls of cylinders can be considered pure when after wiping by their piece неворсящейся the rags (moistened with pure motive oil) on it do not have white the traces of an abrasive which are shown in the form of a spot of gray color. Clean all oil openings and galleries a special brush (brush) and wash out their stream waters.
- After rinsing dry the block and oil all processed surfaces a lung in order to avoid corrosion development. Wrap the block in a big plastic bag and postpone it until the beginning of assembly of the engine.