Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of the Jeep Grand Cherokee brand
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Line six-cylinder engine
+ V8 engine
- Procedures of the general and capital repairs of the engine
Capital repairs of the engine - the general information
Check of compression pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and installation of the engine
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of conrod and piston assemblies
Removal of a bent shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of conrod and piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Check of a condition of radical and conrod bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its capital repairs
Installation of a bent shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of conrod and piston assemblies and check of gaps in conrod bearings
The first start of the engine after capital repairs
+ Cooling systems, heating and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Usually release traffic jams many years of the engine which was not exposed to capital repairs are strongly zakorrodirovavshy in the channels. Having rested a small drift against the region of a stopper, fill the region in the channel, carefully striking a drift with the hammer. Fill one of regions into the canal so that there was an opportunity to grasp for gone out of the channel opposite самоконтрящимися nippers.
Extraction of release traffic jams (employees for compensation of increase in volume of a cooler in case of its freezing) can be extremely difficult if they were deeply involved in cooling channels.
Release traffic jams are taken from cooling channels of the engine by a careful zastukivaniye of one of their edges in the channel - at the same time the second, on the contrary will come to light and it is possible to grasp it with nippers.
- Scratch out all traces of material of old laying from the interfaced surfaces of the block. Be careful - try not to damage and not to leave zadir on the condensed surfaces.
- Uncover radical bearings and take inserts both from covers, and from beds in the block. Attach to each insert a label with information on to what bearing it belongs and where it was installed - in the block or a cover. Put inserts in the reliable place.
- Unscrew all carving caps of oil galleries from the block. Usually caps are tightened very hardly and often they should be drilled with the subsequent restoration of a carving in openings a tap. At assembly of the engine establish new caps.
- Strongly polluted block should be sent to a workshop of car service for carrying out steam cleaning or a zharoobrabotka though at a certain patience it is possible to clear rather qualitatively the block and in house conditions.
- After return of the block once again clean all oil galleries. In any shop of auto parts it is possible to get specially designed for this purpose of a brush (brushes). Wash out channels a stream of warm water (washing can be considered finished when clear water begins to follow from the block), then carefully dry the block and slightly oil the processed surfaces for prevention of corrosion. In the presence of access to a source of compressed air use it for drying of the block and a purge of all channels, openings and galleries.
During the work with compressed air put on goggles!
- If the block is not strongly polluted and not зашламован, it is enough to wash out of it hot water with soap by means of a rigid brush. It is not necessary to feel sorry for time and forces for carrying out this work. Regardless of the chosen method of cleaning, track that all oil openings and galleries were cleaned very carefully, the block is completely dried, and its processed surfaces are oiled by a lung for prevention of their corrosion.
- All carving openings have to be passed by taps of the corresponding sizes for the purpose of removal in the block of corrosion traces from them, old sealant and restoration of the stripped and broken thread. If it is possible, blow openings compressed air for removal from them of garbage and the shaving left a tap (do not forget to put on goggles). Then it is necessary to make cleaning and restoration of a carving of bolts and hairpins of a head of cylinders and covers of radical bearings (use lerka of the corresponding sizes).
- Establish covers of radical bearings on the places and by hand tighten their bolts.
- Grease sealing surfaces of new release traffic jams with a noncongealable compound (such as Permatex No. 2) and insert traffic jams into openings in the block. In order to avoid emergence of leaks, track that traffic jams were inserted perpendicularly and put properly. For this purpose the special tool is issued, however it is possible to use for landing of traffic jams and a replaceable face head of suitable diameter (which has to enter accurately a stopper) complete with the extender on 1/2 inches (13 mm) and the hammer.
- The big replaceable head with the extender can be used for installation of release traffic jams in the block - act without hurrying and stop landing a stopper right after that as you will achieve its equal installation in the channel aflush with a block wall surface.
- Grease carvings of new caps of oil galleries with a noncongealable compound (such as Permatex No. 2 or teflon pipe sealant) and screw in caps in openings in the block. Track that caps were tightened hardly.
- If immediate assembly of the engine is not planned, wrap the block in a big plastic bag in order to avoid its pollution at storage.