Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of the Jeep Grand Cherokee brand
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Line six-cylinder engine
+ V8 engine
- Procedures of the general and capital repairs of the engine
Capital repairs of the engine - the general information
Check of compression pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and installation of the engine
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of conrod and piston assemblies
Removal of a bent shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of conrod and piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Check of a condition of radical and conrod bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its capital repairs
Installation of a bent shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of conrod and piston assemblies and check of gaps in conrod bearings
The first start of the engine after capital repairs
+ Cooling systems, heating and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Irrespective of whether the head went to a workshop for carrying out valvate works or not, before assembly it is necessary to make sure of its absolute purity.
- If service of valves in a workshop was made, all components will be already installed on the places. In this case begin assembly with implementation of the procedure of item 8.
- Install a new maslootrazhatelny cap on the directing plugs of each of inlet valves. Carefully pull each of caps on the plug before its full landing. Do not allow twisting and a reversing of caps in the course of installation as in this case they will not provide due consolidation on cores of valves. Caps can be installed on plugs by means of a deep replaceable head and a small kiyanka, however do not overdo. Caps of umbrella type just stretch on plugs of final valves.
Pay attention that caps of inlet valves differ from final - do not mix them.
- On inlet valves for landing of maslootrazhatelny caps to a ledge of a head of cylinders use a deep replaceable head the small hammer - umbrella type caps of final valves just stretch on ledges.
1 — the Maslootrazhatelny cap of the final valve
2 — the Maslootrazhatelny cap of the inlet valve
- Since one of the ends of a head, grease and install the first valve. The core of the valve has to be oiled by molibdensoderzhashchy lubricant or pure motive.
- Establish valvate springs and their plates on the places. Squeeze a spring the special tool.
- Establish in a flute on a valve core crackers of the cutting lock, then slowly release the tool and make sure of correctness of landing of crackers. For fixing of crackers in a flute until an otpuskaniye of the tool apply on their inside of a little dense lubricant
- Repeat the procedure for the remained valves. Watch that all components were installed on the former places!
- Check the adjusting length of valvate springs by means of a ruler or Columbus. If the head was sent for restoration and service of valves in a workshop, the adjusting length of springs has to be already modified (however it is not necessary to take it on trust). Measurement is performed from a saddle top / an adjusting washer (washers) of each spring to the lower surface of a plate of a spring. If height exceeds value, admissible on Specifications, for its adjustment under a spring the excess adjusting washer(s) can be added.
Performing adjustment by a podkladyvaniye of washers of insufficient height of a spring is not admissible at all!
- Make sure of compliance to requirements of Specifications of adjusting height of valvate springs (distance from the top point of a saddle of a spring / an adjusting washer to a top of a cup of a spring or the lower part of its plate).
- Grease working basic surfaces of yokes with molibdensoderzhashchy lubricant, then establish on the former places in a head of a yoke and their spherical support.