Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of the Jeep Grand Cherokee brand
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Line six-cylinder engine
- V8 engine
Repair procedures which implementation does not demand extraction of the engine from the car
Reduction in the provision of VMT of the piston of the first cylinder
Removal and installation of covers of heads of cylinders
Removal, check of a state and installation of yokes and bars of pushers
Replacement of valvate springs, their plates and maslootrazhatelny caps
Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline
Removal and installation of final collectors
Removal and installation of heads of cylinders
Replacement of a forward epiploon of a bent shaft
Removal, check of a state and installation of a cover of a distributive chain, chain and its asterisks
Removal, check of a state and installation of the camshaft and hydraulic pushers
Removal and installation of the pallet of a case
Removal, check of a state and installation of the oil pump
Removal and installation of a flywheel / driving disk
Replacement of a back radical epiploon
Check of a state and replacement of rubber pillows of support of the engine
+ Procedures of the general and capital repairs of the engine
+ Cooling systems, heating and air conditioning
+ A power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and methods of operation
Replacement of a back radical epiploon
- Remove the case pallet (The section Removal and installation of the pallet of a case).
- Remove the oil pump (The section Removal, check of a state and installation of the oil pump).
- Give bolts and disconnect a cover of the back radical bearing from the engine.
- Give two bolts (arrow) and uncover the back radical bearing.
- Take out the lower half of an epiploon of a cover of the bearing or the holder.
- Weaken bolts of covers of the second and third radical bearings.
- By means of a small brass drift carefully fill one of end faces of the top half of an epiploon in its flute in the block so that its second end went out of the block so that there was an opportunity to grasp it with flat-nose pliers. Smooth out the interfaced surfaces of the block and a cover of the bearing, having removed all traces of sealant and having degreased them.
- Slightly grease sponges of both halves of a new epiploon (it is made of a neoprene) with pure motive oil.
Before installation of an epiploon surely absolutely wipe a surface of a pin of a bent shaft, then slightly oil it.
- Fill a half of a new epiploon in a flute in the block, sponges on the engine forward (the party of an epiploon turned back on the engine is usually marked with yellow or white paint).
Filling an epiploon in a flute, densely press its external surface a thumb - it will prevent cutting of the external forming epiploon surface a keen edge of a flute in the block. If the epiploon is cut off, it will lead to formation of leak of oil.
- Insert the second half of an epiploon into a cover of the radical bearing (again pay attention to the party of an epiploon marked with paint which has to be turned back on the engine.
- Impose spots of Locktite 515 sealant (or its equivalent) with a diameter about 5 mm on the interfaced surface of a cover of the radical bearing on both sides in the points specified on an accompanying illustration.
- Impose in the specified points of the interfaced surface of a cover of the radical bearing of a spot of Locktite 515 sealant or its equivalent, and on a block joint with a cover after installation of the last miss the mark with RTV sealant.
- Establish a cover of the back radical bearing, having smoothed out, having greased and having tightened bolts of its fastening with the required effort. Also tighten bolts of covers of other radical bearings with the required effort. Miss the mark a joint of covers with the block with RTV sealant (see an illustration above).
- Install the oil pump and the pallet of a case on the places.
- You make further installation as it should be, the return to a removal order. Fill the pallet with oil, start the engine and check it for leaks.